The GFWC Hartford Women's Club sponsors one fund-raiser during the year to finance all the projects and programs we support. This is
our most labor-intensive undertaking. Everyone helps out and we have a lot of fun in the process.
THE GREAT HARTFORD CRAFT EXPOSITION
Christmas officially begins in Hartford at this annual event, held at the local high school in conjunction with the Hartford Lions Club Pancake Day. Visitors can
browse over 100 arts and crafts booth filled with holiday wares and gift items.
- Albrecht Free Clinic annual donation
- Books for Babies (club donates book to Hartford Library in honor of a member's grandchild's birth)
- Hartford Christmas Committee (members donate gifts for "teens")
- Horizon raffle basket
- Literacy program donations to Jack Russell Memorial Library
- Relay for Life (underwrite the Caregivers ceremony)
- Special Olympics
- Volunteers for a beautiful Hartford
- Scholarships for HUHS students present and past
- Annual sponsorship for a Schauer Center program
RECENT ONE-TIME GRANTS
- Friends of Pike Lake (amphitheater)
- HUHS - London band trip
- Medical Center Foundation - Healing Garden
- Hartford Fire & Rescue - Survive Alive Trailer
- Hartford Players - Schauer sound system
- Hartford Area Foundation - BID downtown light project
Making it Happen in Hartford
GFWC Hartford Women's Club
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND HIGHLIGHTS
Hartford Women's Club Hosts "Iron Chef" Competition
This year's "Secret Ingredient" was potato. Many great appetizers, salads, main dishes, drinks, and desserts were made by club
members for our annual Christmas event.
Gloria Tiefke took first place with her chocolate potato cake. Linda Hauser took second with her bacon wrapped sweet potato bites
and Marde Zimmermann took third for her chocolate potato bread. All the dishes were delicious and calories were not counted by
Afterwards a gift exchange took place. Fun was had all around!!!