The GFWC Hartford Women's Club sponsors one fund-raiser during the year to finance all the projects and programs we support. This is
our most labor-intensive undertaking. Everyone helps out and we have a lot of fun in the process.
THE GREAT HARTFORD CRAFT EXPOSITION
Christmas officially begins in Hartford at this annual event, held at the local high school in conjunction with the Hartford Lions Club Pancake Day. Visitors can
browse over 100 arts and crafts booth filled with holiday wares and gift items.
- Albrecht Free Clinic annual donation
- Books for Babies (club donates book to Hartford Library in honor of a member's grandchild's birth)
- Hartford Christmas Committee (members donate gifts for "teens")
- Horizon raffle basket
- Literacy program donations to Jack Russell Memorial Library
- Relay for Life (underwrite the Caregivers ceremony)
- Special Olympics
- Volunteers for a beautiful Hartford
- Scholarships for HUHS students present and past
- Annual sponsorship for a Schauer Center program
RECENT ONE-TIME GRANTS
- Friends of Pike Lake (amphitheater)
- HUHS - London band trip
- Medical Center Foundation - Healing Garden
- Hartford Fire & Rescue - Survive Alive Trailer
- Hartford Players - Schauer sound system
- Hartford Area Foundation - BID downtown light project
HELEN FARNSWORTH MEARS ART CONTEST
We participated in the GFWC-WI Helen Mears Art Program for 2018. 7th and 8th grade students from St. Kilian, Erin, and Central submitted their entries this year.
The artwork was displayed at Scoop deVille during the month of March. To see the 2018 entries and learn more, click here.
Making it Happen in Hartford
GFWC Hartford Women's Club
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND HIGHLIGHTS
Hartford Women's Club Hosts "Iron Chef" Competition
This year's "Secret Ingredient" was orange. Many great appetizers, salads, main dishes, drinks, and desserts were made by club
members for our annual Christmas event.
Linda Wilke took first place with her roast chicken ala orange with rice blend. Kathy Vogelsang took second with her valencia
delight cookies and candied orange peels and Patti Roulette took third for her orange salmon. All the dishes were delicious and
calories were not counted by anyone!
Afterwards a gift exchange took place. Fun was had all around!!!